About Microsoft AZ-204 Exam
The Microsoft AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure exam is created to measure the candidates’ skills in designing, testing, building, and maintaining Cloud applications and services on the Microsoft Azure platform. The applicants for this test can program in a language that is maintained by Azure. They are also proficient in data connections, container and compute deployment, data storage options, app authorization and authentication, Azure SDKs, Azure CLI, Azure PowerShell, debugging, monitoring, and performance tuning.
Microsoft AZ-204 and Target Audience
The target candidates for the AZ-204 certification exam are Azure Developers. These professionals take part in various segments of Cloud development. This covers the stages from requirement definition to design, development, deployment, and maintenance. These Azure specialists collaborate with the clients, Cloud solution architects, Cloud DBAs, Cloud administrators, and other stakeholders to implement solutions.
Microsoft AZ-204 and Recommended Experience
The Microsoft AZ-204 exam is a mandatory requirement for obtaining the Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate certification. Being an associate-level certificate, it does not have any official prerequisites. This means that irrespective of your current experience in the field of IT, you can take this test and earn the certification. However, Microsoft recommends that the students should have from one to two years of experience in professional development with Microsoft Azure before sitting for the exam.
Microsoft AZ-204 and Key Details
Microsoft AZ-204 is a 120-minutes test covering a wide range of topics and subtopics. Microsoft does not usually reveal the details of its exams but it is known from the experience of the previous test takers that this one is made up of 40-60 questions. Their formats that you can expect in your delivery of the exam include case studies, drag and drop, multiple choice, scenario-based, active screen, build list, short answer, and best answer. The fee for taking this certification test is $165. To register for the exam, you need to sign up with Pearson VUE, the Microsoft testing partner. Depending on your language preference, the AZ-204 exam can be taken in English, Simplified Chinese, Japanese or Korean.
Microsoft AZ-204 and Skills Measured
The AZ-204 certification exam is designed to evaluate the candidates’ capability to perform specific technical tasks. These include developing Azure solutions; connecting to and utilizing Azure services as well as 3rd-party services; implementing Azure security; monitoring, optimizing, and troubleshooting Azure solutions. The details of these topic areas are enumerated below:
Develop Azure Solutions: 25-30%
- Implementing Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Solutions: the candidates are required to possess competence in providing virtual machines; configuring virtual machines for remote access; creating ARM templates; publishing images to Azure Container Registry; creating container images for solutions with the use of Docker; running containers with the use of Azure Container Instances when Azure Kubernetes Services are not within scope.
- Developing Azure Application Service Web Applications: this requires skills in developing Azure App Service Web Apps; allowing diagnostics logging; deploying code to web apps; configuring web app settings, which include connection strings, API, and SSL; implementing auto-scaling rules such as scheduled auto-scaling and scaling by a system or operational metrics.
- Implementing Azure Functions: this covers skills, such as implementing output and input binding for functions; implementing function triggers with the use of data operations, webhooks, and timers; implementing Azure Durable Functions.
Develop for Azure Storage: 10-15%
- Developing Solutions with Cosmos DB Storage: this topic area requires that the students have ability to choose the relevant API for solutions; implement the partitioning schemes; interact with data with the use of relevant SDK; set the relevant level of consistency for operations; develop Cosmos DB containers; implement service-side programming, which includes stored procedures, change feed notifications, and triggers. It also requires one’s expertise in implementing scaling, which covers containers and partitions.
- Developing Solutions with Blob Storage: this requires skills in moving items within Blob storage in storage account and containers; setting and retrieving metadata and properties; interacting with data with the use of relevant SDK; implementing cold, hot, and archive storage; implementing data retention and archiving.
Implement Azure Security: 15-20%
- Implementing User Authorization and Authentication: the test takers should be able to implement OAuth2 authentication; develop and implement shared access signatures; register applications and utilize Azure AD to authenticate the users; control access to available resources through the use of RBAC 9role-based access controls.
- Implementing Secure Cloud Solutions: this entails securing app configuration data with the use of KeyVault API and App Configuration; managing keys, certificates, and secrets with the use of KeyVault API; implementing Managed Identities for available Azure resources.
Monitor, Optimize, & Troubleshoot Azure Solutions: 10-15%
- Integrating Content Delivery and Caching within Solutions: this entails skills in developing code for the implementation of CDNs in solutions; configuring expiration policies and cache for CDNs, FrontDoor, or Redis caches Store while retrieving data from Azure Redis cache.
- Instrumenting Solutions for Sustaining Logging and Monitoring: this involves skills in configuring instrumentation within a service or an app with the use of Application Insights; analyzing log data and troubleshooting solutions with the use of Azure Monitor; implementing code that works with transient faults; implementing Application Insights Web Test and Alerts.
Connect to & Consume Azure/3rd-Party Services: 25-30%
- Developing App Service Logic App: this objective requires that the learners have competence in developing Logic Apps; developing custom-connector for Logic Apps; developing custom-template for Logic Apps.
- Implementing API Management: this covers skills in creating APIM instances; configuring authentication for APIs; defining policies for APIs.
- Developing Event-Based Solutions: the individuals should have the capacity to implement the solutions that utilize Azure Event Grid, Azure Notification Hubs, and Azure Event Hub.
- Developing Message-based Solutions: this requires one’s skills in implementing solutions that utilize Azure Service Bus and Azure Queue Storage queues.
Microsoft AZ-204 and Certification Bonuses
It is a known fact that the IT practitioners can enhance their potential in the industry with a certification from a reputable vendor. The professionals with the Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate certificate added to their resume can take up a variety of job titles, which include an AI Engineer, a Data Analyst, a Data Scientist, a Data Engineer, an App Maker, an Administrator, a Developer, or a Business User. These career paths are highly rewarding in terms of growth and remuneration. The individuals with any of these positions can earn an average of $45,000 per annum. The specialists with some years of experience can get more than double this figure.