CompTIA Certifications: Prerequisite to Advancement
CompTIA is a non-profit trade association that offers the soughht-after certifications for the specialists with any background from all over the world. The program provided by this vendor sets the industry standards that can evolve a career of any individual, because it equips them with the vendor-neutral skills and knowledge that can greatly help in their tasks.
CompTIA Certification Levels
The CompTIA certificates are globally recognized among the IT students, professionals, and experts. All of them can get the knowledge of how to design, manage, implement, and secure various technologies. The company has the whole certification program that you can opt for. You can explore the options available from the entry to expert levels.
- Core certifications
There is a number of the entry-level credentials offered by CompTIA. They include the following list of options:
CompTIA ITF+: This is a certificate that covers the basic IT skills and knowledge that you will need in any IT job role. It gives you an understanding of whether IT is the field you want to enter or not. This credential covers basic IT literacy, fundamental IT concepts, and the terminology of the sector.
CompTIA A+: The badge is intended for those students who are seeking for a career connected to the network, support, service center, or help desk technologies. It is focused on the laptop and PC hardware, mobile operating systems, configuration of a computer, and software installation. The certificate also confirms that an individual has knowledge of basic networking, troubleshooting, and security skills. At least one million individuals hold this credential. To get it, you need to pass two exams, which are 220-1001 and 220-1002.
CompTIA Network+: This certification is designed for the IT specialists who already have at least 9 months of active networking experience. Such companies as Intel, HP, and Dell trust this badge. A potential candidate needs to pass the CompTIA N10-007 test to earn the credential.
CompTIA Security+: The path covers network threats, concepts and vulnerabilities, cryptography, access control, identity management, etc. An individual must pass one exam to obtain the certificate, and this is CompTIA SY0-601.
- Infrastructure certifications
This level of the program includes the following options that you can explore:
CompTIA Linux+: This is a certification that is aimed at those Linux network administrators who have 1 year or more of Linux administration experience.
CompTIA Cloud+: This one is intended for the IT professionals with at least 2 years of experience in system administration.
CompTIA Server+: The badge is designed for those server administrators who have from 18 to 24 months of experience with server software and hardware technologies.
- Cybersecurity certifications
This certification level involves CompTIA CASP+, CompTIA CySA+, and CompTIA PenTest+.
- Additional professional certifications
At this level, you can opt for the CompTIA Project+, CompTIA Cloud Essentials+, and CompTIA CTT+ credentials.
CompTIA Certification Advantages
By opting for the program of this vendor, you will get a lot of benefits. And it doesn’t matter whether you are just entering the field or have some experience behind your back. Any of the certificates will bring you a bunch of benefits, including the following:
- You will get all the needed skills for your level of the knowledge base. The CompTIA program covers all the possible levels that you can go for. It will help you find your place in the industry and use the skills you have acquired.
- The skills you get will suit the current changes in the sector. The company constantly updates its exams according to the demands of the IT sector and the evolution it holds.
- The CompTIA badges increase your chances of landing a job. The IT companies prefer the certified professionals, so if you are not following up with the industry needs and standards, you are doomed. CompTIA helps you to avoid this unpleasant situation.
- Any CompTIA certification is the best proof of your skills and knowledge that can lead you to the promotion.
- You will get a higher salary. A lot of companies trust the CompTIA credentials and are ready to give you more money if you possess the skills that will be valuable for them.
Frankly speaking, you can get even more if you just earn a certificate from this company. And all you need is to prepare wisely and adequately for the test you should pass. If you look through a variety of the resources the vendor has, you will surely find and ideal partner for the materials we provide you with.
The CompTIA certifications are one of the most popular options that the potential or current IT specialists opt for to get their skills verified. Each course the vendor offers will navigate you to the right path you personally need, so choose what you want and go for it.