About Microsoft MS-700 Exam
The Microsoft MS-700 exam evaluates the expertise of the IT professionals in managing Microsoft Teams. This test measures your overall ability to perform a range of technical tasks, including handling Teams and app policies, handling calling, chat, and meetings, as well as customizing and planning a Microsoft Teams environment. The successful completion of the MS-700 exam leads you to the Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate certification.
Microsoft MS-700: Target Audience and Required Experience
The MS-700 exam is best suited for those individuals who are already proficient in using PowerShell to manage Team settings. In other words, it is designed for those who are in the job role of a Teams Administrator.
To be able to tackle the questions in this exam, you should have the ability to configure, deploy, and also manage Office 365 workloads, specifically for Microsoft Teams focusing on reliable collaboration and effective communication in an enterprise environment. You should also possess a basic understanding of integration points with services and apps, such as Office 365 Groups, Azure AD, Exchange, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint. Another important skill is to update to Teams from Skype for Business.
Microsoft MS-700: Particular Exam Features
It is a common practice that the candidates should first know the details of the certification exam before they get down to preparing for it. Microsoft doesn’t reveal the details of its tests but some important features are known from the previous students. As for the exam format, Microsoft MS-700 is typically 120 minutes long and has about 40 to 60 questions. They can be of various types, but most of them are usually in the multiple-choice and multiple-response formats. You can pass this test in the English language after you register with Pearson VUE and pay $165. To build a foundation for your certification exam, you can take advantage of the official instructor-led course “Managing Microsoft Teams” offered on the webpage.
Microsoft MS-700: Detailed Overview of Exam Topics
The exam content revolves around three main knowledge areas. These are the following:
Planning and Customizing Microsoft Teams Environment
- Updating from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams: this includes opting for an appropriate update path and coexistence mode to meet specific needs; planning and fixing Meeting migration; customizing Microsoft Teams update notification and Meeting app choices; customizing coexistence mode for the enterprise and the per-user.
- Planning and customizing network settings for Microsoft Teams: this requires such skills as planning for efficient network deployment with the help of Network Planner; calculating network bandwidth capacity for Microsoft Teams voice, meetings, video, Live Events; evaluating network readiness with the help of Network Testing Companion; customizing network ports and protocols utilized by Microsoft Teams client application; customizing media optimizations with QoS.
- Executing governance and lifecycle management for Microsoft Teams: the candidates need to demonstrate that they have expertise in developing Teams templates; setting up policies for Office 365 Groups; customizing Office 365 Groups for Microsoft Teams categorization, naming policy, expiration policy; archiving, restoring, and removing a team.
- Customizing and handling guest access: this subtopic measures applicants’ competency in customizing the guest users for Microsoft Teams; customizing guest permissions for a team; customizing messaging, calling, meeting options for guests; removing guests; handling Azure AD access review for guests; customizing guest access from Azure AD portal.
- Handling security and compliance: this encompasses allocating the Microsoft Teams Admin role; developing and handling the compliance features such as sensitivity policies and retention; developing security and compliance alerts for Microsoft Teams; developing a communication barrier policy; interpreting security reports for Microsoft Teams.
- Deploying and handling Microsoft Teams endpoints: the skills evaluated in this sector are deploying Microsoft Teams clients to devices, such as Windows, MacOS, VDI (Virtual Desktop), mobile devices; handling configuration profiles; handling device firmware and settings; customizing Microsoft Teams Rooms.
- Monitoring and analyzing service utilization: within this sector, you need to be capable of interpreting Microsoft Teams utilization reports; interpreting Microsoft 365 utilization reports; optimizing call quality with the help of Call Analytics; assessing organization-wide call quality with Call Quality Dashboard; applying Power BI to define call quality issues.
Handling Calling, Chat, and Meetings
- Handling chat and cooperation experiences: this includes customizing messaging policies; handling external access; managing channels for a team; handling private channel creation policies; handling email integration; customizing external access for OneDrive for Business and SharePoint; handling Cloud file storage options for cooperation.
- Handling meeting experiences: the test takers need to prove that they are conversant with customizing meeting settings; designing and handling meeting policies; customizing settings for live events; designing and handling policies for live events; customizing conference bridge settings.
- Handling phone numbers: this requires the individuals’ skills in giving recommendations regarding a PSTN connectivity solution depending on business needs; ordering phone numbers; handling service numbers; adding, replacing, or removing an emergency address for your enterprise; assigning, replacing, or removing a phone number for a user; handling voice settings for users; customizing dynamic emergency calling.
- Handling Phone System: here you need to show your expertise in handling resource accounts; designing and customizing call queues; developing and customizing auto attendants; handling call park policies; handling calling policies; handling caller ID policies; interpreting the Direct Routing health dashboard.
Handling Teams and App Policies
- Handling a team: this unites such skills as developing a team; updating an existing resource to a team; handling privacy levels for a team; handling org-wide teams.
- Handling membership in a team: this includes handling the users in a team; customizing dynamic membership; handling access review for the team members.
- Executing policies for Microsoft Teams apps: the examinees need to demonstrate their expertise in developing and handling app permission and setup policies.
Microsoft MS-700: Job Roles for Successful Test Takers
As mentioned above, the Microsoft MS-700 exam is intended for those who want to pursue a career as a Teams Administrator. These specialists can handle the entire Teams workload, or they can be delegated to fix call quality problems or manage the enterprise telephony needs. There are several Teams Admin roles: a Teams Communications Administrator, a Teams Service Administrator, a Teams Communications Support Specialist, a Teams Device Administrator, and a Teams Communications Support Engineer. According to ZipRecruiter.com, the average salary of a Teams Administrator ranges from $25,000 to $63,000 per year.