About Microsoft MD-100 Exam
A candidate who has an international certification in his/her resume will always impress any recruiter. But the competition between the IT professionals is still fierce. Thus, if you want to be different, you need to choose the best credential available and be dedicated when preparing for its exams.
In this post, we are going to observe the Microsoft MD-100 test that leads one to the Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate credential. However, remember that you also should get the passing score in Microsoft MD-101 to become accredited. As this article focuses on the first step of this certification path, let’s have a detailed overview of the skills you need to develop to get maximum points with flying colours.
Detailed exam outline
Generally, the Microsoft MD-100 test focuses on four main pillars. Each of them includes other subcategories that help the candidates become a skilled professional in managing Windows 10 applications and features. Let’s take them one by one!
- The first domain is dedicated to Windows 10 Deployment. Up to 20% of all the exam questions will target this topic. It is divided into two sections. The first one covers Windows 10 deployment processes such as the configuration of language packs or user data migration. The second one handles the post-installation configuration. In this subtopic, the applicants will understand how to work with Internet Explorer or Edge effectively and how to customize the Windows Desktop.
- One more extensive area is Devices and Data Management. This section includes tasks related to local users, groups, and administering devices. Also, part of the questions will focus on data access and protection configuration. The topics, such as Windows security management, device configuration, and security principles, are included here as well.
- Connectivity Configuration is the third chapter. Its weight is also around 15-20% of the total exam questions. It is split into two sub-chapters. The first one is connected with networking. The candidates will have to demonstrate that they know how to work with client IP settings and VPN as well as show an understanding of troubleshooting principles. The second subtopic relates to remote connectivity. It assesses the test takers ability to perform PowerShell remoting, administer remote desktop access, and many more.
- Last but not least, it is important that the candidates know about Windows Maintenance. This objective has up-to 30% of the whole syllabus. To master it and answer the related questions, you should show that they are able to provide data recovery and manage updates. Another essential subtopic included in this pillar is related to Windows management and monitoring.
As for the rest exam details, you should also know the following:
Understanding what the Microsoft MD-100 test is all about is critical for your success in it. So, download the official blueprint and analyse each topic carefully. Then, get the right study materials such as exam dumps and guides and go through the concepts one by one focusing more on the complex domains. Even though the preparation process might seem difficult, you shouldn’t forget that the test should be passed to get the associate-level certification that will pay off in the form of numerous benefits!
- This exam contains 40-60 questions of various types;
- You will have 150 minutes to answer all the questions;
- You can take it in the English language only;
- This voucher will cost you $165.