About Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification
The purpose of the Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification exam, also known as CLF-C01, is to measure the candidates’ knowledge, skills, and abilities of on the AWS platform. The attendees of this test should have a basic level of theoretical and practical expertise in AWS Cloud practices. To be more precise, they are to be thorough on the principles, the level of security, and the functional benefits of AWS such as affordability, value, and analysis of working with AWS Cloud. So, if you’d like to dive deeper into the details of this exam, read below.
Overall, before sitting for your Amazon CLF-C01 exam, you should possess the following abilities to:
- Explain the structure and need for AWS Cloud.
- Describe the AWS shared responsibility models and their principles.
- Utilize knowledge of basic AWS Cloud principles and practices.
- Describe prominent AWS services and their respective uses.
- Understand accounting, costing and billing practices followed on AWS platforms.
- Make use of apt AWS sources for technical and documentation purposes.
- Understand how AWS Cloud works.
The following are some of the main requirements that one needs to meet before appearing for the Amazon CLF-C01 test:
- Any candidate with 6+ months of expertise on the AWS Cloud platform is eligible for this exam.
- Any students should have proven technical, managerial, sales, purchasing, or financial knowledge and must stay updated with various IT services.
As the vendor claims, Amazon CLF-C01 will take 90 minutes to be completed and consist of two sets of questions: multiple choice and multiple response. In the multiple-choice tasks, the learners can make only one choice while answering a question. On the other hand, when it comes to multiple-response questions, they are free to choose two or more responses out of five given options. It is also to be noted that unanswered questions may cause the candidates to lose marks. The wrong choices on answers neither fetch nor lose marks for them. Finally, this certification test costs $100 and is scored from 100 to 1000 points, where a minimum of 700 is needed to pass.
The following are the domains with their weight, which the examinees should focus on while preparing for the Amazon CLF-C01 test:
- Cloud Concepts (26%);
- Security and Compliance (25%);
- Technology (33%);
- Billing and Pricing (16%).
If to speak about these topics in detail, the Cloud concepts are nothing but an outline of what AWS Cloud is and what it needs to function well. Overall, they explain how AWS Cloud practices are used in different fields of business, their architecture, and principles. Security and compliance, on the other hand, deal with the structure of working with the AWS Cloud platform and the assistance it provides to the users while managing the platform. It also checks on the management capabilities and ability to choose resources for security support. The evaluation of the technology takes place by assessing the candidate’s understanding of the AWS Cloud platform, the investment required, and the resources to be arranged for technical support. At last, knowledge of billing and pricing requires that you have a deep understanding of the pricing principles, the method of accounting, and adequate resources for the same.
Making it to the Amazon AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification test requires that a candidate have both professional and practical knowledge on the AWS Cloud platform. Passing this exam and evaluating your performance will help you provide better services in the field.